- Breed: Boxer Mix
- Sex: Female
- Age: 3-6 years
- Weight: Appox 65 lbs
- HW Status: Negative
- Tail: Full Tail
- Ears: Natural
- Spay/Neuter: Yes
- Good with male dogs: Yes
- Good with female dogs: Yes
- Good with small dogs: Unknown
- Good with cats: Unknown, but probably not
- Good with children: Has previously lived with a 3 and 7 year old and was good with them
- Energy Level scale 1-9 (sleepy –energetic): 8
- Intelligence scale 1-9 (silly-genius): 8
- Friendliness scale 1-9 (aggressive-affectionate): 9 once she gets to know you. Scared/skittish until then.
- Playfulness scale 1-9 (not playful-very playful): 8
- Disposition scale 1-9 (anxious-calm): 5
- Nicknames: Kota
- Favorite food/toy/treats: Likes all food and likes stuffed toys
- Must be in a home that has the following: A fenced backyard, another confident dog, someone who is home most of the time, an owner that is willing to walk her at least twice per day, an owner that will give her time to warm up and an home that has a set routine.
- Is a fence necessary or is leashed exercise sufficient?: Dakota needs a fence
- Medical issues: None
- Needs work on: Gaining confidence when meeting new people and being in strange places.
Hi everyone! It’s Dakota here. I’ve had an exciting few weeks. Foster mom had to go to Florida for some family time and work stuff and guess what!?! I got to go with her!!! We stayed at my foster aunt’s house and I got to see my recent foster sister Hazel (she was adopted by my foster aunt). It was so much fun to get to play with Hazel again. I also got to meet some new people. I was very shy at first, but foster mom just told everyone to ignore me and that I’d start to get curious and come around. It took me a little bit, but within a couple of days I felt right at home. I was even fine staying in the house without foster mom being there! She had to go to another city for work, so I got to stay w/ Hazel at my foster aunt’s house. Everyone said what a good girl I was. I even went for walks w/ Hazel and her mom.
The other exciting thing is that when we got back, foster mom picked up a couple of new puppies to foster. Their names are Acorn and Clover; you may have seen them on social media. We’ve been getting to know one another and are starting to play together. I’m very good with other dogs, including puppies.
I am continuing to work with a trainer to get me more comfortable with meeting new people. Foster mom says that based on how well I did at my foster aunt’s house it is working!!
Until next time…