Callie, also known as Callie-Ann, is a great little boxer mix at only 55 lbs. She is estimated to be around 7 years old. She is good with other dogs as long as they are not dominant. She would prefer to be the only pet as she can be jealous of attention and protective of food and toys. Callie is pretty bossy with other dogs and can try to take over and dominate people as well. She will need someone to let her know that she is not in control. Callie is sweet and snuggly and is eager to please. Her favorite spot in the house is snuggled on the sofa with her favorite person. Due to having to have most of her bottom teeth pulled, she loves stuffed toys, soft food, and treats. The bonus with this is that she has not torn up a stuffie yet! Lol!! She loves her crate and will go in there on command. She is very quiet unless someone knocks on the door or she sees something in the yard. She is wary of strangers and takes time to warm up. Treats always help to speed the “get to know you” process. She will be an easy addition to most any home and is a great companion.
BRBR Tag Number: 4310
- Breed: Boxer Mix
- Sex: Female
- Age: Estimate 7 yrs
- Weight: 55 lbs
- HW Status: Negative
- Tail: Natural
- Ears: Natural
- Spay/Neuter: Spayed
- Good with male dogs: Yes as long as they are submissive
- Good with female dogs: unknown
- Good with small dogs: unknown
- Good with cats: No
- Good with children: yes but needs older children at least 10 years old
- Energy Level scale 1-9 (sleepy –energetic): 5
- Intelligence scale 1-9 (silly-genius): 7
- Friendliness scale 1-9 (aggressive-affectionate): 9 with people she knows
- Playfulness scale 1-9 (not playful-very playful): 5
- Disposition scale 1-9 (anxious-calm): 7
- Nicknames: Callie-Ann, Girlie, Callie-Girl
- Favorite food/toy/treats: stuffed toys, soft treats – loves to eat
- Must be in a home that has the following: Lots of love and not many visitors
- Is a fence necessary or is leashed exercise sufficient?: leash walking is fine, she will pull at first but once under control, she will walk nicely
- Medical issues: Food sensitivity to Chicken
- Needs work on: Meeting strangers
Prior update from Callie-Ann
Hi everyone, Callie here. I am a happy-go-lucky girl and am so thankful I was rescued. I am loving life, treats, rolls in the grass, stuffed toys and snuggles on the sofa. This is the life I’ve always dreamed of except for one thing… I am still looking for a family to call my own. Once we find each other, all of my dreams will come true! I am a mature girl around 6-7 years old, short and stocky but I still enjoy playing, hanging out in the yard and chewing my toys. I am protective and will alert you to strangers immediately. I hate the vet because every time I go they stick me with needles or try to do something I don’t like. I would much rather have these things done by someone I trust. I am good for baths and nail trims. I will sit for treats and will go immediately to my crate when told. I am smart and learn routines quickly. I like being a good girl because it gets me extra attention and rewards. I also like meeting other dogs and will play with them but I don’t like sharing my toys or food with them. I also don’t like being crowded and the dogs in my foster home just don’t understand I like my personal space so we don’t always get along in the house. I would really like to be the only dog in my forever home because I will prefer all of your attention. I tend to get spoiled easily. I also enjoy car rides and will do my best to jump in on my own.
Sometimes it’s hard for us short chubby girls to jump high so I often need a boost. Haha!
I hope I sound exactly like who you’ve been looking for. I really am a great all-around girl just looking for someone I can count on for the rest of my life.