Luna is an energetic, sweet girl who enjoys playtime with her toys. She’s quite eager to please often sitting before she’s asked when it’s time to put on her harness and leash to go outside. Luna also sits well before we exit the door and will also sit before we enter back inside. At meal time, she sits when asked, patiently waiting for the go ahead to eat. She has a hearty appetite!
Luna’s learning fast as we’ve been practicing the sit stay; even with the distractions of her current busy and noisy neighborhood, she minds the command. She needs some human help with her leash manners on a walk, but does obey when heeled. With more practice, she’ll be a pro in no time!
Luna will do best with an assertive owner who’s willing to maintain structure in her training. She may also do best as the only fur baby in the house since she has such a strong-willed disposition. Overall, Luna is a happy little girl who loves to be loved on and wags that tail of hers to let you know she’s enjoying the attention!
- Breed: Boxer
- Sex: female
- Age: ~21 months
- Weight: 4
- HW Status: negative
- Tail: intact
- Ears: intact
- Spay/Neuter: spayed
- Good with male dogs: not sure
- Good with female dogs: no
- Good with small dogs: not sure
- Good with cats: no
- Good with children: not sure
- Energy Level scale 1-9 (sleepy –energetic): 7/8
- Intelligence scale 1-9 (silly-genius): 7
- Friendliness scale 1-9 (aggressive-affectionate): 8/9
- Playfulness scale 1-9 (not playful-very playful): 8/9
- Disposition scale 1-9 (anxious-calm): 8/9
- Favorite food/toy/treats: getting kibble treats from a Kong; chewing on rubber ball and other toys
- Must be in a home that has the following: I’d like to suggest a home with no other animals
- Is a fence necessary or is leashed exercise sufficient?: I would think leashed exercise is sufficient. I have a fenced yard which helps in my situation as we train outside on her obeying my commands, etc. My neighborhood can be noisy which takes her attention off me at times when we’re training.
- Medical issues: none
- Needs work on: leash manners