Hello! Lu – weas-el here! I am happy to say that I am off of my activity restrictions after my last heartworm treatment shot! Hooray! Now I just have to get my pesky right rear patella fixed. It keeps slipping out of place, which makes me uncomfortable and gives me a big ole hitch in my giddy-up. But the BRBR people are going to get all of that taken care of for me with some surgery (not sure what that is) and then all should be well!
I am a super snuggler, and a hunter. I hunt it all. Bugs…lizards…Very very entertaining to try to catch them! I do focus in on squirrels and a neighborhood kitty as well, although I will usually shift my attention when prompted by my people, and I really haven’t had a chance to actually chase one.
I am very excited to learn to play with dogs. I am FINALLY allowed to try to get some dog play time in. I have to learn that sometimes in play, there might be an accident and I might get a wee scratch or something, but that does NOT mean that I need to go on the offensive and get all blustery. I have been doing pretty good with this, but sometimes I forget and need to be corrected. That is why my foster mom says that I probably don’t need to be with a dominant dog. But in general, I just want to be everyone’s friend.
Breed: Boxer Mix
● Sex: Female
● Age: ~3 years
● Weight: 30 lbs
● HW Status: Positive
● Tail: Natural
● Ears: Natural
● Spay/Neuter: Spayed
● Good with male dogs: yes
● Good with female dogs: yes
● Good with small dogs: yes
● Good with cats: unknown
● Good with children: unknown
● Energy Level scale 1-9 (sleepy –energetic): 4 – She seems to want to play some but is still figuring that out.
● Intelligence scale 1-9 (silly-genius): 7: She figured out the house rules real quick – and housetraining
● Friendliness scale 1-9 (aggressive-affectionate): 7: superfriendly to people but shy
● Playfulness scale 1-9 (not playful-very playful): 4
● Disposition scale 1-9 (anxious-calm): 3 – Still a bit nervous but warms up VERY quickly
● Nicknames:Lou, Loully
● Favorite food/toy/treats: She is not picky about food. She enjoys chewing bones
● Must be in a home that has the following: A loving family. I wonder if she will do well with a dominant dog… I think she needs
to be in a home WITHOUT a super dominant dog based on some interactions at my house, but I am seeing less of those behaviors
as she is settling into the pack.
● Is a fence necessary or is leashed exercise sufficient?: Leashed
exercise seems sufficient
● Medical issues: Heartworm Positive