I am a happy go-lucky young boxer who loves all people and dogs. In my foster home I live with both boy and girl boxers and I’ve gotten along with them from the start. I love to wrestle, snuggle, play tug of war, and run in the yard. I love all humans and will give you all sorts of kisses if you’ll let me. I have been around children and love them too – sometimes I just need to be reminded that I am strong and might knock them over.
I finished up my heartworm treatment, so am off my activity restrictions, which means I’m now showing my foster family that I am just a big and happy puppy.
I LOVE to eat, and love all treats and toys. I also love to snuggle with my humans and other dogs. My foster family says I am one of the sweetest dogs they’ve ever met. I am an absolute love bug and will bring much happiness and laughter to my forever family.
I am happy here in my foster home, but would sure love a forever home of my own. My forever home requirements are as follows: I need a home with a physical fence – I have quite an interest in squirrels and bunnies so no fence or an invisible wouldn’t work for me as those darn squirrels are just too tempting. I need a home where someone is home with me most of the time or where I can be left to be free roam. I am not a big fan of being in the crate. I need a home with someone who is a strong leader and experienced in dealing with the strength (and sometimes stubbornness) that us young boxers have. My dream home would include another dog (or dogs) to play with, but I would be okay if I get my humans all to myself.
- Age: 1 -1.5 years old
- Weight: 67 lbs
- HW Status: Completed treatment (needs to be retested in September)
- Tail: Nub
- Ears: Natural
- Spay/Neuter: Neutered
- Good with male dogs: Yes
- Good with female dogs: Yes
- Good with small dogs: Yes
- Good with cats: Unknown
- Good with children: Yes
- Energy Level scale 1-9 (sleepy –energetic): 6
- Intelligence scale 1-9 (silly-genius): 7
- Friendliness scale 1-9 (aggressive-affectionate): 9
- Playfulness scale 1-9 (not playful-very playful): 6
- Disposition scale 1-9 (anxious-calm): 5
- Nicknames: Fritzy
- Favorite food/toy/treats: Loves all food, treats and toys.
- Must be in a home that has the following: Fence, someone who is home most of the time as Fritz is not overly fond of his crate
- Is a fence necessary or is leashed exercise sufficient?: Fence necessary
- Medical issues: None
- Needs work on: Basic manners, leash skills, etc.