What do you get when you mix two of the most popular dog breeds? Duh!! You get me! FOXY ROXY! The hoomans haven’t done one of those cheek swab tests, but they think I’m probably a lab-boxer mix…and personally, I think I got only the best qualities of both breeds.
I’m about a year old and am playful and energetic, but also laid back. I was rescued from a really bad place, but you wouldn’t know it cuz I wear a constant smile on my face. It’s like they always say, mind over matter and life is what you make it right? So I smile…and then you smile and then we’re both smiling and well…you know…joy and happiness and all the good feels.
I’m getting settled in my foster home now and so far so good. I don’t mind the crate, but am also pretty good when left out alone…although, you might not want to leave food on the counter where I can reach it. I snagged a delicious loaf of bread the other day….I just love food so much I can’t help it. You’d understand if you knew where I came from. My foster parents are feeding me kibbles 3 times a day though to make up for it. They say I need to gain a little weight. I said it’s just my summer bod, but I do love the kibbles…and the pupperonis…so I don’t complain.
I don’t mind other dogs, but I don’t really like surprises, so if you want to introduce me to new dog friends or siblings, I’d like to sniff it out first.
If I had to choose, squeaky or plush…I like the plush toys the best, but Foster Dad says I need to learn to share a little better. I’m working on it.
I like walkies and am good on a leash. I also know some basic things like sit and I’ll sit every time….if you have a pupperoni to give me. Lol. I kid I kid. But I am pretty smart and am learning new things every day.
While I like my foster home a lot, I am ready for the real deal. So if you’re also looking for your forever you should fill out an application! I’d love to meet you and hopefully start our next big adventure together!
I’m brand new. Heartworm negative. More information to come.
Breed: Mixed Lab and Boxer?
● Sex: Female
● Age: 1
● Weight: 40
● HW Status: Negative
● Tail: Yes
● Ears: Yes
● Spay/Neuter: Spay
● Good with male dogs: Yes- slow introductions
● Good with female dogs: Yes-slow introductions
● Good with small dogs: Yes
● Good with cats:
● Good with children: Yes
● Energy Level scale 1-9 (sleepy –energetic): 5
● Intelligence scale 1-9 (silly-genius): 7
● Friendliness scale 1-9 (aggressive-affectionate): 7
● Playfulness scale 1-9 (not playful-very playful): 4
● Disposition scale 1-9 (anxious-calm): 7
● Nicknames: Foxy Roxy
● Favorite food/toy/treats: Any food/plush toys/Pupperoni
● Must be in a home that has the following:
● Is a fence necessary or is leashed exercise sufficient?: Leash is fine
● Medical issues: Slightly underweight