I’m brand new and a very shy boy, I’m going to need a little time to adjust to things and get my bearings. I’m 3 years old and HW positive. I am neutered with a tail and I am about 67 lbs.
Donnie has been a nice dog. He is very nervous and has really only warmed up to his foster mom. He loves to sunbathe and spend time outside. He does well with his older foster brother. He wants to play with the older dog, but my older dog does not like to be bothered much. Donnie is HW positive and will begin his treatment in a week. We try to socialize with him as much as possible but he is still very nervous. He will let you pet him, but he seems scared when you approach him. His foster mom spends most time with him and he seems to trust her and levitates towards her.
I do not know much about his background but he is very scared of getting in the car. Once he is in the car he does fine but it is a struggle to get him in the car. He does not like the leash very much, and pulls quite a bit when we go out on walks. We are working with him as much as we can to try to make him comfortable and help him calm his nerves.
Donnie is a beautiful dog and we are hoping time will help with his nerves. He is not aggressive and has not shown any signs of aggression towards people or other dogs.
- Breed: Boxer Mix
- Sex: Male
- Age: 3 y
- Weight: 70 lbs
- HW Status: Positive
- Tail: Docked
- Ears: Natural
- Spay/Neuter: Neutered
- Good with male dogs: yes
- Good with female dogs: unknown
- Good with small dogs: unknown
- Good with cats: unknown
- Good with children: unkown
- Energy Level scale 1-9 (sleepy –energetic): 7
- Intelligence scale 1-9 (silly-genius): 5
- Friendliness scale 1-9 (aggressive-affectionate): 6
- Playfulness scale 1-9 (not playful-very playful): 5
- Disposition scale 1-9 (anxious-calm): 7
- Nicknames: don don
- Favorite food/toy/treats: any type of treats
- Must be in a home that has the following: fenced yard
- Is a fence necessary or is leashed exercise sufficient?: I believe a fence is necessary, he pulls a lot on the leash and if you want to exercise him a fenced yard would be ideal for him to run, We don’t let him run much or do very long walks because of his HW condition and he begins coughing if we let him go for too long.
- Medical issues: HW Positive
- Needs work on: leash training, Socializing, car rides, crate training.