Let me introduce Captain America (Cap for short) to everyone! He’s a handsome fella who was sadly pushed out of a car and waited in the same spot for a week for them to come back. It took 7 days for my neighbor, my husband, and I to catch him. Let me tell you he can run, and run fast!!
Our other neighbor wanted to adopt him and after 4 days, she did! We thought he found the perfect home. But, sadly she called Animal Control to come and get him as he was too clingy and would follow her around the house.
We’ve had him not for 3 days, and he follows us less than my own dogs do at the moment. Unless he hears the crinkle of a chip bag. He comes running toward that sound.
Cap is a goofy dog who is learning to play. He is very dog friendly and gets along with my 7 dogs ranging from 1 yr old to 11 yr old blind dog. When he’s happy, his whole body wiggles! I think it’s accentuated by his docked tail! Lol.
He walks really well on a leash, and if you are a jogger – he likes to run and will run alongside of you, instead of trying to trip you (like my dogs do).
He loves these big marrow bones that we get at Publix that are supposed to be for soup, but, at the moment are his favorite things.
He does go into a crate when we leave the house, and that’s just due to he’s new and I’m not sure if he’d chew anything if he was alone. He hasn’t chewed on anything other than his marrow bone, so he’s doing good so far!
Age: apps 11-12 months, according to my vet
- Weight: 55 lbs (at least he was the last time he was weighed)
- HW Status: Negative and on a monthly preventative
- Tail: Docked
- Ears: Keepin’ ’em floppy
- Spay/Neuter: Totally!
- Good with male dogs: Yup
- Good with female dogs: Yup
- Good with small dogs: Yup
- Good with cats: Unknown
- Good with children: He’s great with my neighbors 5 year old!
- Energy Level scale 1-9 (sleepy –energetic): 5
- Intelligence scale 1-9 (silly-genius): He’s pretty smart, so I’d give him a 7 at the moment.
- Friendliness scale 1-9 (aggressive-affectionate): He’s about an 8 for sure!
- Playfulness scale 1-9 (not playful-very playful): The wiggle butt is about a 9!
- Disposition scale 1-9 (anxious-calm): About an 8
- Nicknames: Cap, El Capitan
- Favorite food/toy/treats: Marrow Bones
- Must be in a home that has the following: with loving owners and perhaps another dog to play with.
- Is a fence necessary or is leashed exercise sufficient?: He likes running around our fenced in yard. He hasn’t tried to jump it or dig under it.
- Medical issues: None that I am aware of
- Needs work on: recall. Because if he escapes, I’ll not be able to catch him. I’ve seen him run firsthand!