Hi everyone, my name is Piper and I have been in my foster home for a few weeks now. I am a very sweet pocket boxer who loves to play and give kisses. At first I did well with the resident dogs, but then I got a bit growly and they didn’t like that so now we stay separated. We do see each other through the baby gate and I give kisses, but foster mom said it’s best that we just stay apart. I am having surgery Friday 6/2 to be spayed and then I will be ready to go to my forever home. I am super excited to get my very own family.
• Weight: 35lbs
• HW Status: negative
• Tail: docked
• Ears: natural
• Spay/Neuter: being done 6/2/17
• Good with male dogs: prefer no, but maybe with slow intro
• Good with female dogs: prefer no, but maybe with slow intro
• Good with small dogs: unknown
• Good with cats: unknown
• Good with children: yes
• Energy Level scale 1-9 (sleepy –energetic): 8
• Intelligence scale 1-9 (silly-genius): 7
• Friendliness scale 1-9 (aggressive-affectionate): 9
• Playfulness scale 1-9 (not playful-very playful): 8
• Disposition scale 1-9 (anxious-calm): 7
• Nicknames: none
• Favorite food/toy/treats: any kind
• Must be in a home that has the following:
• Is a fence necessary or is leashed exercise sufficient?: no but would be good
• Medical issues: none
• Needs work on: leash manners
How does your dog react when crated?
• Is your dog Free to Roam? No If so, does it have accidents or get into anything when left alone?
• How is your dog’s appetite and how many times a day does your dog eat?
• Is your dog under weight, overweight, or just right?
underweight by about 5-10lbs
• Is your dog possessive of toys or food?
yes with toys and don’t trust with food and other dogs, but fine with people
• Is your dog potty trained? If not, explain.
• How does your dog react when meeting new dogs?
ok but cautious
• How does your dog act out in public and when meeting new people?
• Has your dog shown any signs of aggression?
some with the other dogs
• Does your dog walk well on a leash?
• What type of device do you use (example: harness, gentle leader)?
• What commands does your dog know (example: sit, shake, down)?
• Will you dog perform the command every time it’s asked to do so?
most of the time
• How does your dog react to basic grooming (example: ear cleaning, nail trim, bath)?
not sure yet