Bindi Is a tripod (she has 3 legs) who is still recovering but has made a lot of medical progress and is now ready to find a forever home. Bindi would do best in a home with no children under the age of 16. She is fearful of children. She also will need another dog in her home for comfort and guidance. She has had a very rough life until Blue ridge we want a forever home that will understand she is not physically perfect but still deserves a loving home.
Energy Level scale 1-9 (sleepy –energetic): 3 likes to run in back yard, but tires because of loss of back leg
• Intelligence scale 1-9 (silly-genius): 5
• Friendliness scale 1-9 (aggressive-affectionate): Bindi likes affection once she is comfortable with new person or surroundings
• Playfulness scale 1-9 (not playful-very playful): 2 Bindi has not “come out of her shell” enough to be very playfulf
• Disposition scale 1-9 (anxious-calm): 2 , very anxious but aggressive at all
• Favorite food/toy/treats: Likes all treats
• Must be in a home that has the following: Bindi needs the company of another dog. She learns from watching and taking cues from other dogs
• Is a fence necessary or is leashed exercise sufficient?: yes
• Medical issues: Bindi has had her rear right leg amputated
• Needs work on: Trusting people and experience in unfamiliar settings
Write up for pet finder/dogster:
• How does your dog react when crated? She loves her crate
• Is your dog Free to Roam? If so, does it have accidents or get into anything when
left alone? She not free to roam when we are not home.
• How is your dog’s appetite and how many times a day does your dog eat? Very good appetite, eats twice a day
• Is your dog under weight, overweight, or just right?
• Is your dog possessive of toys or food? no
• Is your dog potty trained? If not, explain. yes
• How does your dog react when meeting new dogs? She if very dog friendly
• How does your dog act out in public and when meeting new people? She does not feel comfortable out her home turf. Very fearful
• Has your dog shown any signs of aggression?
• Does your dog walk well on a leash?
She does well on a leash in familiar surrounds, in unknown area, she won’t move
• What type of device do you use (example: harness, gentle leader)? martingale collar
• Martingale collar (no slip collar some may know it as)
• What commands does your dog know (example: sit, shake, down)?
• Will you dog perform the command every time it’s asked to do so?
• How does your dog react to basic grooming (example: ear cleaning, nail trim, bath)? She likes brushing