Hi I’m Bindi I’m a special little girl who is in need of a forever home. I had a very rough start to my life I was a stray who has obviously had some not nice people in my life who must have mistreated me. I need a special home who will understand this and help me to overcome some of my fears. I seem to really like men more than women at least in my current home. I am very scared of any new people so it takes me time to not retreat to my crate when they come in the house. I am terrified of children anyone under 15 or 16 really scares me. I love other dogs and I will require another dog in my home to help me know that things are okay and help me to trust. My crate is my safe zone so I need to have access to it. I am a tripod due to an older injury but it doesn’t phase me in the least i run around just like all the other dogs in my home. I am a sweet girl who really needs just the right home that will be patient and understanding about my past.
Energy Level scale 1-9 (sleepy –energetic): 3 likes to run in back yard, but tires because of loss of back leg
• Intelligence scale 1-9 (silly-genius): 5
• Friendliness scale 1-9 (aggressive-affectionate): Bindi likes affection once she is comfortable with new person or surroundings
• Playfulness scale 1-9 (not playful-very playful): 2 Bindi has not “come out of her shell” enough to be very playfulf
• Disposition scale 1-9 (anxious-calm): 2 , very anxious but aggressive at all
• Favorite food/toy/treats: Likes all treats
• Must be in a home that has the following: Bindi needs the company of another dog. She learns from watching and taking cues from other dogs
• Is a fence necessary or is leashed exercise sufficient?: yes
• Medical issues: Bindi has had her rear right leg amputated
• Needs work on: Trusting people and experience in unfamiliar settings
Write up for pet finder/dogster:
• How does your dog react when crated? She loves her crate
• Is your dog Free to Roam? If so, does it have accidents or get into anything when
left alone? She not free to roam when we are not home.
• How is your dog’s appetite and how many times a day does your dog eat? Very good appetite, eats twice a day
• Is your dog under weight, overweight, or just right?
• Is your dog possessive of toys or food? no
• Is your dog potty trained? If not, explain. yes
• How does your dog react when meeting new dogs? She if very dog friendly
• How does your dog act out in public and when meeting new people? She does not feel comfortable out her home turf. Very fearful
• Has your dog shown any signs of aggression?
• Does your dog walk well on a leash?
She does well on a leash in familiar surrounds, in unknown area, she won’t move
• What type of device do you use (example: harness, gentle leader)? martingale collar
• Martingale collar (no slip collar some may know it as)
• What commands does your dog know (example: sit, shake, down)?
• Will you dog perform the command every time it’s asked to do so?
• How does your dog react to basic grooming (example: ear cleaning, nail trim, bath)? She likes brushing